Saturday, October 18, 2008

Ed Pruitt and Elana Pruitt: A Father and Daughter Interview


I am so proud of my daughter, Elana. She’s not only created this wonderful site for me, but she’s also launched a personal shopping and wardrobe consulting fashion site that’s assisting women throughout the United States. Elana is truly an accomplished fashion writer; she possesses a gift for painting mental images her readers really enjoy.

Recently, she honored me by asking if I would do a telephone interview. I suggested we record the father/daughter interview; not only, for our family archives but to share with our readers as well. The following are excerpts from our telephone interview of October 11, 2008.

Elana:
Dad, why do you now feel that having an interactive blog is a great way to network and connect with like-minded people?

Me: Honey, after following your wonderful site and hearing, repeatedly, the excitement in your voice regarding networking with this entrepreneur or that magazine editor . . . Deborah and I both wanted to become a part of what you are enjoying. You’ve been so instrumental in creating my blog and I am so very grateful.

Elana: Of course, Pop! Sooo you now are seeing for yourself, just how much fun this can be, aren’t you Dad? Especially you being the producer of 'Inside the Inland Valley'...

Me: I really am. Your mother is also very excited about sharing childhood education suggestions and ideas on her new blog. You’re pretty sure hers will be up and running real soon, right?

Elana: Yep, should be online in the next week or so!

Me: I chuckle at her reluctance at being considered or labeled an expert in her field. But, with her Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education and over 25 years of leadership experience . . .

Elana: Dad, what are your gut feelings about ‘hanging a shingle’ and inviting people to network with you from all over the world?

Me:
Honey, I feel, if you’re in your area of concentration for the right reasons, and you’re open for suggestions, conversation and yes, criticism too . . . then I feel this is electronic-age networking at it’s best. I’m so glad you turned us on to blogging. Thank you sweetheart.”

Elana: My pleasure Dad. I know this will be exciting for all of us.

2 comments:

Beth Anderson said...

Awwhhh....reading this makes me want to call my Dad. Great interview you two. What a fantastic team!

Good Girl Gone Shopping said...

Thanks Beth! Glad me and my dad could inspire you ;)